UTURN B.V. (hereinafter ‘UTURN‘) is responsible for the processing of personal data as reflected in this privacy statement.
Contact details UTURN B.V.
Postal address: Marconistraat 16, 3029 AK Rotterdam
E-mail address: email@example.com
Telephone number: +31 10 310 6300
Chamber of Commerce: 66923174
UTURN produces this privacy statement in order to provide insight into the use of personal data on the UTURN platform.
UTURN brings together supply and demand from carriers and shippers on the online and mobile platform UTURN and provides additional services with regard to transport and the invoicing of transport (jointly, “the Service”). In the context of the Service, UTURN collects (personal) data of carriers and shippers who register (as natural persons or legal entities) for the Service and of the persons who use the Service on behalf of the carriers or shippers (jointly ‘the User(s)’).
UTURN commits itself to comply with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)) and the General Data Protection Regulation Implementation Act.
UTURN ensures appropriate measures to protect the personal data collected and processed.
In case of questions regarding this privacy statement, or other questions related to privacy protection, please contact us at:
1. Which information are processed
When using UTURN’s platform or services, the following personal data may be collected and processed:
- First and last names
- Address information
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Bank account number
- Copy of ID
- Data about your activities on our website
- Certain location-related data, even if Location Services is disabled in your device settings. This includes the use of IP addresses to estimate your general location.
- Usage Information: UTURN collects Service-related diagnostic and performance data, such as data about how the Service is used, log files, and diagnostic, website and performance records.
- Transaction Data: UTURN collects transaction data regarding payments for and through the Service.
- Device and Connection Data: UTURN collects device-specific information related to installation of the Service and use of the Service. This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, browser data, IP address, mobile network information, including phone number. When installing the app, device location information is collected.
- Status Information: UTURN collects information about changes in User’s status, such as when User has used the Service.
2. Purpose of personal data processing
In compliance with privacy laws, Users’ personal data are used exclusively for the following purposes:
- Identifying User for registration and use of the Service;
- Providing the Service and supporting User in using the Service;
- Data analysis and statistics for evaluating and improving the Service;
- Providing User with customized services, based on User’s use of the Service and User’s expressed wishes to UTURN for use of the Service;
- Collecting fees and paying fees as agreed upon with User;
- Sending User business messages (via email, text message, telephone or push notification);
- Sending to User information (for example with a mailing) about UTURN, the Service, changes to the Service, new services, offers and similar information;
- Providing other (new) services at User’s request;
- Safety and Security: UTURN may verify accounts and activities, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of the Terms of Service, to ensure that the Service is being used lawfully.
3. Legal basis for processing personal data
Pursuant tot Article 6 GDPR, the processing pf personal date for the above mentioned purposes has the following basis:
- The user has consented to the processing of his personal data (paragraph 1 sub a)
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the user (paragraph 1 sub b)
- The processing is necessary for compliance with legal obligation to which the controller is subject (paragraph 1 sub c)
- The processing is necessary for the protection of the legitimate interests of the controller or a third party (paragraph 1 sub f)
4. Recipients of personal data
UTURN can (a) compile and provide personal information of Users to service providers and suppliers of UTURN, which enables UTURN to further develop and improve the Service, and (b) store personal information of Users in cloud services outside the Netherlands. UTURN enters into a data processing agreement with all companies that process your data on our behalf as to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data.
UTURN can compile, use, store and share the personal data of Users, when UTURN is of the opinion that this is necessary and reasonable to: (a) respond to legal proceedings or to government demands on the basis of applicable legislation and regulations; (b) to maintain the General Terms and Conditions and other applicable conditions and policy rules, including the investigation of possible violations; (c) to detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activities, security or technical problems; and (d) to protect the rights, property, and safety of other users.
5. Information storage period
Copies of identity documents will be deleted as soon as the registration process is complete. Other personal data will not be used or stored by UTURN for longer than necessary to achieve the purposes for which the data is collected in accordance with this Agreement or to the extent necessary to comply with legal obligations.
6. Users’ rights
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. You can do this yourself via the personal settings of your account. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent to data processing or object to the processing of your personal data by our company and you also have the right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal data that we hold about you in a computer file to you or another organization of your choice. Would you like to exercise your right to object and/or right to data portability or do you have other questions/comments about the data processing, please send an itemized request to firstname.lastname@example.org. UTURN will respond to your request as soon as possible, but in any case within four weeks. UTURN would also like to point out that you have the possibility to submit a complaint to the national supervisory authority, the Personal Data Authority.
7. Protection of personal data
UTURN protects personal data provided and collected using technical and administrative security measures (such as firewalls, access controls to data and servers) to minimize the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration.
10. Applicable law
Our privacy statement must comply with several conditions. These conditions can be found in particular in the General Data Protection Regulation. In addition, the general rules applicable under Dutch law apply to our privacy statement.